Summerland follows the story of fiercely independent folklore investigator, Alice (Gemma Arterton) who secludes herself in her clifftop study, debunking myths using science to disprove the existence of magic. Consumed by her work, but also profoundly lonely, she is haunted by a love affair from her past.
When spirited young Frank (Lucas Bond), an evacuee from the London Blitz, is dumped into her irritable care, his innocence and curiosity awaken Alice’s deeply buried emotions. Bravely embracing life’s miraculous unpredictability, Alice learns that wounds may be healed, second chances do occur, and that, just perhaps – magic really does exist.
About Parent and Baby
Every Wednesday at 11.30am we screen our main title films exclusively for parents/guardians/carers with babies up to one year old ('We are sorry that children over 1 year cannot be admitted.) Only the adults attending pay for their ticket which is just £8. Your baby will get their own seat, and you can bring in a carry cot or car seat.
Our Covid-secure Measures
We've put in place stringent measures to ensure a visit to Watermans is as safe as possible. You can read our full FAQ here COVID-SECURE FAQ, but here are the basics:
What we’re doing
• Our staff are Covid-secure trained and will be wearing masks or visors
• We're performing enhanced cleans between each cinema screening
• Toilets are checked 6 times daily
• We're cleaning touch surfaces throughout the building regularly
• Cinema seating is socially distanced
What we’d like from you
• Don’t come if you’re ill; stay home and keep us all safe
• Please use the hand sanitiser and wash your hands regularly
• Please book in advance and use e-tickets to help avoid queues at Box Office
• Please wear a face covering throughout your visit, unless you're eating or drinking in our restaurant or bar.
• Let us know if we can do anything better!