Legends of French cinema Catherine Deneuve and Juliette Binoche come together on screen for the first time in ‘The Truth’, Oscar-nominated director Kore-eda Hirokazu’s heartwarming first feature set outside his native Japan.
Fabienne (Deneuve) is an ageing French movie icon who, despite her momentary lapses in memory, remains a venerable force to be reckoned with. Upon the publication of her memoirs, her daughter Lumir (Binoche) returns to Paris from New York with her husband (played by Ethan Hawke) and their young daughter to commemorate its release. Sparks immediately begin to fly between the mother-daughter duo when Lumir takes issue with Fabienne’s rose-tinted version of events. Yet, as the past is gradually confronted, their strained relationship takes a poignant journey toward possible reconciliation.
From the director who brought you the Palme d’Or-winning 'Shoplifters'.
Our Covid-secure Measures
We've put in place stringent measures to ensure a visit to Watermans is as safe as possible. You can read our full FAQ here COVID-SECURE FAQ, but here are the basics:
What we’re doing
• Our staff are Covid-secure trained and will be wearing masks or visors
• We're performing enhanced cleans between each cinema screening
• Toilets are checked 6 times daily
• We're cleaning touch surfaces throughout the building regularly
• Cinema seating is socially distanced
What we’d like from you
• Don’t come if you’re ill; stay home and keep us all safe
• Please use the hand sanitiser and wash your hands regularly
• Please book in advance and use e-tickets to help avoid queues at Box Office
• Please wear a face covering throughout your visit, unless you're eating or drinking in our restaurant or bar.
• Let us know if we can do anything better!
Thank you for keeping us all safe.